- Statute of International Court of Justice
- UN Charter
- Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties
- Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States
- Jessups Compromis - Word | HTML | PDF
- Internal Selection Rules & Regulations
- Jessups Rules & Regulations
- White & Case Jessups Guide
- Jessups Introduction to International Law
- Handbook on International Mooting
- Guide - International Law Moot Court Competitions
- Electronic Information System for International Law by the American Society for International Law
- Jessups Basic Material Batch One
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Internal Selections For The International Moot Pool
RULES & REGULATIONS
Competition Round And Dates
· There will be only One Oral round, which will be held on the October 15th, 2009 from 3:00 pm onwards. The draw of lots will be at 1:00 pm.
· Each participant will be allotted a speaking time of 8 + 2 minutes.
· The researcher exam will be held on the October 16, 2009 from 5PM. Duration of the exam shall be specified later.
Speaking time, rules, timings of the oral round and the exam are subject to change.
· The Memorials must be prepared on the first two issues of the Moot Proposition of 2010 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
· All participants must submit their memorial/ written submissions only for the Applicantsside.
· The Pleadings section inclusive of the footnotes (arguments advanced) of the Memorial, must be no longer than 6,000 words. The statement of facts may not exceed 1,100 words. The summary of pleadings must not exceed 500 words.
· Participants must mail a copy of their memorials in MS Word 2003 or 2007 format email@example.com by 14th October 11:59pm.
· The Official Rules of the 2010 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competitionshall be applicable for the format of the Memorial unless any rule to the contrary is notified by the MCA.
· Participants must not make any indication of identity upon any part of their memorial.
· Use of any unfair means is strictly prohibited.
· The memorials should be stapled or spiral bound. The use of Fancy/Bond Paper and spiral binding is strictly prohibited. Memorial should be printed on A4 size paper.
Submission of Memorial
Participants are required to submit 3 copies of their memorials to the MCA representative present at:
Venue: Gyan Mandir
Timing: 7pm – 8pm
Date: October 14th
After 8pm the memorial submission shall be at a penalty of 1 mark for the first half hour till 8-30pm and another extra 1 mark between 8-30pm to 9pm.
No memorials shall be submitted after 9pm.
Violation of the rules shall result in imposing a penalty on the participants scores and use of unfair means may result in disqualification and further disciplinary action. Please visit the blog for further details and documents.